Instructions for changing your monitor's resolution and Internet Explorer's text size.
Changing the resolution of you monitor
This site is optimized for a resolution of 800x600. It is highly recommended that you
set your screen's resolution to a minimum of 1024x768, as the higher the resolution, the
the better most web sites will look.
- From Windows, click the "Start" button in the lower left-hand corner.
- Select "Settings" and click on "Control Panel".
- Double click on "Display"
- Select the "Settings" tab at the top.
- In the Colors area in the lower left hand corner, the number of colors
that is supported by your computer's graphic card is shown. There may
be four options: 16 colors, 256 colors, High color, and True Color.
Click on the arrow to the right of "Colors" to display what options
your computer has. Your first choice should be True color, the second
choice High, third 256, and lastly 16.
- In the Screen Area in the lower right corner, the current resolution of
your monitor is displayed, i.e. 480x640, 800x600, 1024x768. You can
change your screen resolution by clicking to the left or right of the
slide bar. Your first choice should be 1024x768 or higher followed by 800x600.
- Click on "Apply"
You will see a message that says that Windows is resizing your desktop.
- Click "OK"
You will then be asked if you want to keep this setting.
- Click "Yes"
- If for some reason these settings are not appropriate or are not to your
liking, you can return to your old settings by repeating Steps 1-9.
Changing the text display size in Internet Explorer.
- Click "View" on the top toolbar.
- Select "Text Size" and choose "Medium".